What can be done in the workplace and by individuals to prevent spread of Coronavirus / Covid-19?
Following the WHO’s (World Health Organisation) guidance on disinfection control and cleaning, or deep clean, requirements to ensure public safety, Enviro-Gleam are on hand to assist with all enquiries. Please contact us here for more information.
The current advice for employers, from Health Protection Scotland, is as follows:
In the workplace:
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces (e.g. telephones, keyboards, door handles, desks and tables)
- Promote hand hygiene by making sure that staff, contractors, service users and visitors have access to hand washing facilities and providing alcohol based hand rub in prominent places.
- Ensure any crockery and cutlery in shared kitchen areas is cleaned with warm general purpose detergent and dried thoroughly before being stored for re-use
- Avoid leaving food stuffs (e.g. crisps, open sandwiches) exposed and open for communal sharing unless individually wrapped.
- Wash hands often with soap and water; or use alcohol based hand rub.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wherever possible, avoid direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness and avoid using their personal items such as their mobile phone.
- Cover coughs and sneezes (nose and mouth) with disposable tissues, then dispose of these in the nearest waste bin after use. And then wash your hands/use Alcohol Based Hand Rub (ABHR).